Please reach us at if you cannot find an answer to your question.
CCES is a local non-profit agency serving low-income residents in Monterey, Santa Cruz and San Mateo Counties. Although we help with PG&E bills and educate the consumer on most of PG&E’s services such as CARE, Medical Baseline, Balanced Payment Plan, etc., we are not affiliated with PG&E.
Call our toll free number at 1-888-728-3637 to request a HEAP (Home Energy Assistance Program) application. The application with instructions and a return envelope will be mailed to you within 2-3 business days. Read the instructions, complete the application and return it by mail with the required documentation.
Each completed and signed application must be accompanied by:
1. Copy of the household’s current energy bill dated within the last 30 days
2. Copies of income documents for ALL income earned from ALL household members for the last 30 days
The HEAP instruction sheet provides detailed information on the types of acceptable income and energy bill documentation needed
The first thing you should do is contact PG&E to make payment arrangements and request an extension on your bill. CCES provides customer walk-in assistance for emergencies at specified locations. Call our toll free number at 1-888-728-3637 to receive the current schedule of emergency service sites and hours. Please note these walk-in hours are for customers who have received a 15 day or 48 hour shut-off notice OR have already been disconnected.
Owners and renters may apply. If you are a renter, both the renter/applicant and the owner need to sign the weatherization service agreement.
CCES can provide a one-time benefit payment per calendar year. Benefit payments are determined by the household size and income.
Yes, for qualifying households with qualifying refrigerators. Please call our toll free number at 1-888-728-3637 and ask for more information.
CCES may only weatherize a dwelling once every 5 years. However, if you move to another dwelling that has not been previously weatherized you may apply for weatherization services again.
Any person over the age of 18 who lives in the home full time may apply for assistance. The service address on the energy bill must be the physical address at which the applicant lives.
CCES trained technicians will assess your home and install energy efficient measures as needed. These measures will save you money and make your home safe as well as comfortable.
State guidelines require HEAP funding to be used for a customer’s current energy usage costs.
State guidelines require HEAP funding to be used for a customer’s current energy usage costs. If you are facing a termination of service due to non-payment of a deposit request, please call our toll free number at 1-888-728-3637 for more information.
1. Your total household monthly income, based on your household size, cannot exceed income eligibility guidelines as shown on the HEAP instruction sheet. (link)
2. You must have a current energy bill with a minimum of 22 days of service.
We can provide payment assistance with the following:
1. Gas and electric. If your gas and electric bill is from PG&E a copy of your most recent bill is required with your application. If your gas and electric is sub-metered a copy of your most recent monthly rental receipt is required with your application.
2. Propane. You must have an established account with a propane company. A copy of your most recent invoice from your propane company is required with your application.
3. Wood. Customers requesting assistance with the purchase of wood should indicate this on the application. A Customer Service Representative, when processing your application, will then call you to coordinate the delivery of wood with a wood vendor.
4. Included in Rent. If your utilities are included in your rent we are able to accept a letter from your landlord or property manager stating the dollar amount of your rent that goes toward your home’s energy costs. For your convenience, a simple form that your landlord or property manager can fill out is available by calling our toll free number, or you may print it out directly from our website (link).